Cellulose butcher pack (open end)
EU 18 (US 20) (RSD* 18.9 mm) comes in 50 strands/carton with 55 feet(16.8 meters)/strand and 838 meters/box.
EU 20 (US 22) (RSD* 20 mm) comes in 50 strands/carton with 55 feet(16.8 meters)/strand and 838 meters/box.
EU 22 (US 24) (RSD* 22 mm) comes in 50 strands/carton with 55 feet(16.8 meters)/strand and 838 meters/box.
EU 24 (US 26) (RSD* 24 mm) comes in 50 strands/carton with 55 feet(16.8 meters)/strand and 838 meters/box.
EU 28 (US 30) (RSD* 28 mm) comes in 28 strands/carton with 55 feet(16.8 meters)/strand and 469 meters/box.
All sizes comes in clear color, open end.
*RSD= Recommended stuffing diameter in millimetre
- Beer sausages
- Skinless sausages
- Smoked cheese
- Vegetarian demand sausages
• Store in original packaging in a cool, dry environment;
• Store away from direct sunlight, warm equipment or devices;
• Do not store in sub-zero temperatures;
• Storage temperature: 0 –35°C (32 –95°F);
• Relative humidity: 50–70%;
• Reseal opened cartons and bags tightly;
• Improper storage can cause casing failures.
Recommended Shelf Life
Wienie-Pak (Cellulose) casings have a shelf life of 24 months for standard products or 9 months for non mineral oil products from the date of manufacture.
Preperation for Use
Wienie-Pak (Cellulose) casings must not be soaked before use.
Recommended Stuffing Diameter
Wienie-Pak casings must be stuffed according to the recommended stuffing diameter (RSD). Overstuffing and understuffing could cause poor performance in sausage processing, such as inconsistent stuffing diameter (pear-shaped sausages), inconsistent link size, poor weight control, wrinkled surfaces, high breakage and poor peeling.
Temperature in Use
The Wienie-Pak casing should not be heated to temperatures above 80°C (176°F) at any stage. Heating to higher temperature can destroy the casing and lead to a malfunction or fire.
Wienie-Pak casings are non-edible and non-digestible. Thus the casings should be peeled away before consumption. Clean casing waste can be composted or used as an energy source in a combustion plant.
For good casing performance during stuffing, ensure that:
• The casing hopper is properly adjusted to prevent strands from breaking;
• The casing clamp (gripper) is properly adjusted to allow smooth strand
movement in longitudinal direction;
• The stuffing tube is straight with smooth surface without any damages, its
outside diameter is at least 0.5 mm (0.02”) smaller than the strand’s inside
• All stuffing machine parts in contact with casing are free of sharp edges in
order to prevent casing damage.
There are endless of recipes on how to use our Wienie-Pak cellulose casing. Below you find a couple of them. Before starting, please make sure you have the proper equipment and knowledge. If you need some help or have some questions - please contact us at ViskoTeepak and we will be glad to help you out.